Rosie made much progress at school today. She only attends preschool on Tuesday and Thursday and each morning when I drop her off I am physically exhausted. I try to keep the morning very upbeat and positive about what she will learn that day and how much fun she may have. I have even struggled with whether or not I should pull her out and try again next year. I love the school and the teachers and the director. Rosie is very shy and I was just like her as a child. I still struggle with it myself on occasion. I'm hoping that by letting her attend this school she will be able to deal with this on her own before she goes off to kindergarten.
This morning when we got to school she was talking very animatedly with Daisy about how much fun it is to go to school and that Daisy can go next year. She was smiling when the teacher got her out of the van - even the teacher was pleasantly surprised.
The best thing was when I picked her up. The first thing she told me when the van door closed was, "School is very fun!" This was without any coaxing on my part!! What a relief. She is such an easy going child for me and I don't send her to school so that I get a 'break' but rather for her to gain more social skills. You'd think with two brothers and a sister that would be socialization enough!! One step at a time and I will be grateful for the progress as we make it.
3 comments:
Do you remember when she was small and the boys were carrying on and making a crazy mess all around her with water guns soaking people? Rosie sat in the middle of it all and just was...so...whatever! She is very laid back. But she shook Army Man's hand at BBGs which shocked me. So she isn't completely unsocialized. She talks up a storm as well (although the subject matter is a bit limited). Maybe it was just more separation anxiety than anything else?
I think it is more separation anxiety since she seems to be fine shortly thereafter...but it sure makes it easier when she is smiling :)
She'll be telling you to stay in the car soon. Inwe almost did that to me yesterday.
Post a Comment