Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend Recap

We had a full weekend! On Friday night we ate dinner at T's house with her family. She along with her husband have a daughter that is in Lake's class and a son that is eleven months old. The ten of us ate, played and laughed alot!

On Saturday morning Tate had a soccer game in which he scored a few goals. Then we had lunch at Chick-fil-a (we let the kids pick) and then we had to be at Lake's basketball game an hour early for team pictures. The games were all running late so we didn't get out of there until almost 3:00pm. We came home and let the boys change clothes and then we took all four kids to my mom's house. They played 'hospital' for several hours while John Henry and I went on a date! All was well until around 10:00pm Daisy fell and busted her lip. She was OK but Nano panicked because there was alot of blood.

Now about the date: We went to dinner at Sazio's - they do not have a kid's menu! Then we went to the bookstore and John Henry bought me a book. I picked something completely different - "Confessions of a Shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsella. I can't wait to read it but I'm trying to finish a book my mom loaned me first. Plus Trixie brought me three books when she came a few weeks ago. I love to have a stack of books waiting for me. I panic when I'm reading something and don't have another book waiting!

After the bookstore we went to see the play, "The Trial of Frank James." It was incredible. Our very good friend, Genius, had a part in the play. He was the reporter, Bill Figures. The play portrayed the trial as factual as possible. Genius did a wonderful job. I wanted to punch the lady beside me and say, "Hey! Do you see that guy?? Isn't he great?!" but thought I'd better be quiet so I wouldn't distract everyone else!

Afterwards we picked up four sleepy children and came home.

3 comments:

Trixie said...

Romance! How wonderful!

I hope the lip is ok and that you didn't cut (oops) your date short to race home to tend to the wounded. I bet the kids were all worried.

Tell me how the book turns out ok? Also how is the learning to knit - teach yourself thing going?

Sarabeth said...

ooo--no kids menu. Awesome.

Hope the lip heals quickly.

Trixie said...

I hear that hubbie had lunch with Army Man last week. I hope it was a nice visit!