Since it's raining and I don't have anything new to blog about I thought I would post some background information.
I am 35 years old. My parents divorced when I was four. I have a younger sister (same mom) and two younger brothers (same dad.) I rarely see my dad and talk to him maybe once or twice a year. However, I have a great relationship with most of his side of the family. Although I don't see them as often as I would like, when we do get together it is usually a great time!
My mom is on her fourth husband. We actually like this one. My mom is the best and I can honestly say that she is my best friend. (She hasn't figured out how to read this, so I don't write that for her benefit!)
John Henry and I have been married for twelve years. We dated for five years before we married. I promised my grandmother that I would get my degree (B.S. in Business Administration) before I got married. I worked my way through college and feel that's the way it should be done unless you get a scholarship. I don't think parents should foot the bill for that. I know I tried much harder knowing that if I messed up it was my money that I was wasting!
John Henry and I have had our share of trials but with good friends and strong family support (and lots of prayer!) we have pulled through. I think (and he would agree) that we now have a strong marriage that is on solid ground. We still disagree and as long as I let him win sometimes things are fine. He reads this and the 'letting him win' thing is a joke between us. My marital advice (if asked) would be to try this: Know that you are right but sometimes let him think that he is. When John Henry found out I do this I thought he would be mad but it has become a source of great humor for us.
Lake came after we had been married five years. Tate came 20 months later. Rosie came 25 months after Tate. Then Daisy was 16 months after Rosie. Their ages now are: Lake is 7 years and 3 months, Tate is 6 years and 7 months, Rosie is 3 years and 6 months and Daisy is 2 years and 2 months. That makes for a wild and crazy house but I wouldn't change any of it. I love being a mom.
One more thing about me - this rainy weather makes me want to grab a good book and a soft blanket!
No comments:
Post a Comment