Lake and Tate went back to school today. Lake was a little hard to wake up this morning but once he got moving he was ready to go to school. He really loves school this year. He's not bored like last year. Tate wanted to know if he had art today. I know that makes Grandma and John Henry so proud! I never suspected he would love art so much - he doesn't show that much interest at home. Maybe because Lake shows so much artistic talent that Tate doesn't feel like he can compete? Recently I've tried to make a really big deal when Tate draws or colors or just practices his letters and that seems to have helped.
Rosie has dance today. She really wants to go but we'll have to wait and see how her tummy is. The antibiotics seem to be giving her lots of trouble. She has new ballet shoes and dance clothes, though....
Daisy has been busy making chocolate milk at her kitchen set. This has really been a big hit with the girls. They play with it several times a day. Last night Daisy cooked chicken and served it to me....in the frying pan! Is this because of something she has seen (or the lack of something because I haven't been able to cook lately??)
Oh - last night when the boys were saying their prayers, Lake was thankful for a wonderful day. A WONDERFUL DAY. He had spent most of the day with me: going to the dentist (no cavities), visiting GiGi, going to Target and eating lunch on the road. He later had John Henry to himself for basketball practice and dinner. He has never said that he's had a wonderful day. I'm really going to strive to spend one on one time with each child. Daisy gets it when Rosie is at school, but now that I can see how much they really enjoy it I can't wait to do more with each one.
2 comments:
You are such a good mother! The kids love you both and everyone agrees that your kids are the best. Have Tate send me a drawing and I will tell him how great it is...
Take the kids here:
http://artpad.art.com/artpad/painter/
and let them make their own art online. Then you can email it to all the adoring relatives!
Post a Comment