Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm glad that's over with!

Yesterday WAS the worst part of the whole thing. Today was very simple for me AND I received good news which is what I expected.

Grandma came early this morning to stay with the girls. She got here just as we were trying to decide whether or not to send Lake to school. He was complaining of a stomach ache - I thought it might just be a nervous thing but it is SO hard to know what to do. After talking with him he decided he could go to school and stay with the nurse if he got sick. (The nurse is a very good family friend.) Of course, when he got to school he felt fine.

I think Rosie and Daisy had a fun time with Grandma. Evidently they cleaned their room (what's up with that??) and read books for the three hours we were gone. Whatever they did, it wore Daisy out. Around 1:30 she climbed on the couch with a blanket and fell asleep. It's unusual for her to take a nap unless she falls asleep in the van.

I just hope everyone goes to sleep early tonight!

1 comment:

Trixie said...

I am so GLAD that your bowels are clean, neat and tidy! We all need to have clean, neat and tidy bowels. It is something to aspire to in the future.

I think it was nerves. He is a very sensitive and nervy child. I think you did the right thing. He really needs to know that everything will be fine and this is the message you are sending him. If you let him stay home every time there was a bump in the road, he would associate the stresses of life with excuses not to go to work. I have seen so many adults who have this work ethic: the black cloud follows me everywhere and I can't come to to work today ethic.

I know it's hard but you were right to arrange a "if then" clause. If you get sick there - then you can stay with the nurse. As opposed to reinforcing that Mama's doctor visit is soooo scary that you should stay home even when we know you aren't really ill - just stressed.

GOOD JOB MOM!