Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Still learning

Yes, I'm still learning things....Like don't leave a plate of cinnamon rolls close to the edge of the counter where Daisy can reach. She will get the plate and eat the tops off all of them. Hopefully she will be hungry for lunch because we are going with Ms. V to an all girls lunch. She may just crash from all of the sugar!

Did you catch that I actually cooked for breakfast on a school morning? I've been trying to feed the boys something warm before school (rather that cold cereal) and they seem to enjoy it. They are a little easier to wake up when I tell them I've prepared either cinnamon rolls or muffins or whatever for breakfast. I know it's nothing fancy but I remember the few mornings when my mom would wake me up and I could smell something good - brings back nice memories! Oh, and boys that go to school in a good mood make my day much brighter!

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Until they crash from the sugar during a history lesson.

Trixie said...

My mom never did this for us.
But I remember very strongly and with no small amount of saddness the orange sweet rolls, bacon and eggs at Mims and Granddad's house. The house would be quiet. Still. The floorboards might be creakin' but those who were awake were either (1) outside or (2) in the kitchen. The coffee would be perking. I loved to lay in bed and inhale the yummy goodness. But the last one up always got the cold leftovers - so I never idled to long. I miss those days. I wish that we could have that back again for our children.