Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy weekend. We traveled to the farm on Saturday and spent the night with Grandma. We went to Nashville for dinner, shopped for a little while and then went back to the farm and tried to get everyone settled down. We had no intention of letting the kids stay up until midnight! Well, of course they were all excited about sleeping in sleeping bags so it was nearly 11:00 before they got to sleep. Rosie woke up shortly complaining of a sore throat and she had a fever. On Sunday morning we gave her Tylenol and she seemed to feel better. So, we took Papaw's truck and drove around the property. Before I tell you more I have to tell you what the kids were wearing: Lake, Tate and Rosie had on jeans and long sleeve shirts, Daisy had on a light pink sweat suit that also had white 'fur' on the pullover hat. For those of you who don't know there are cows on the property. We came upon these cows while the kids and myself were riding in the back of the truck. Daisy kept calling, "Hey, Cows! Moo!" and then she would wave her hand in front of her nose and say, "Ewww, it stinks." She definitely looked like a city girl! The other three enjoyed the sights and smells of the farm but she just kept wanting to go home.

We finally came home around 7:00pm. Probably not a minute too soon, either. Rosie's fever came back and she couldn't keep Motrin or Tylenol down. So, this morning I took her to the doctor and yes, she has strep and scarlet fever. She has finally been able to keep the medicine down but her fever keeps returning as soon as it is time for the next dose. I'm just frustrated because I took her on Thursday and she tested negative for strep. They even grew the culture and it was still negative on Friday....

Since she is the sick one, she has chosen to watch Cinderella and we are watching it for the second time today. Thankfully, John Henry was off work today and was able to take the boys fishing. I don't expect them back until after dark.

All in all the break from school has not been very exciting for all - but atleast it has given them a time to recover!

1 comment:

Trixie said...

I can totally see her with the cows! How funny. I hope she is feeling better soon. I have tagged you by the way for a meme. Go to my blog for the questions. Happy New Year!