Sunday, July 30, 2006

The boys are learning to knit?

A few months ago I took a knitting class. I don't know why I want to learn to knit. The knitting instructor explained some of the benefits of knitting - one of them being stress relief. Before I left for the class, Lake asked me if I would teach him what I learned.

Fast forward a few months...

I found an instructional knitting website with video clips demonstrating cast-on, knit stitch, purl stitch, increase, decrease, and bind-off. What more could I ask for?

So, I have finally mastered the cast-on. Yesterday I taught Lake how to cast-on. He's actually good at it. Today I taught Tate how to cast-on. Both boys write with their left hand. Lake is knitting with his right and Tate is knitting with his left. I'm having a little trouble teaching him but he is slowly catching on.

Rosie has a piece of yarn about two feet long. She is knitting a sweater. I don't think John Henry will let her out of the house wearing it!

Once we get something large enough I'll post pictures.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Maybe they can teach me too?