Thursday, July 13, 2006

Day out with the boys

Yesterday Grandma came to help out with the girls while I took the boys to get a haircut. I usually take all four children with me but since Grandma offered to take the girls to lunch and shopping, how could I refuse?

After the boys hair appointment we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch (their choice, of course!) and then we went looking for Rosie's birthday present. Yes, my very dramatic three year old daughter is turning four on Monday.

Yesterday morning I asked Rosie what she wanted for her birthday. She thought for a moment and then said she wanted a swimming pool.

Daisy said, "I want a purse."

I replied, "It's not your birthday yet."

Daisy shrugged her shoulders and said, "I just want a small purse."

The reasoning that goes on inside her two year old mind astounds me sometimes.

So, back to the day out with the boys. We went looking for a suitable swimming pool and found a very nice one. The only bad thing is that since it is inflatable we probably can't put it in the back yard because the dogs would destroy it. Annie loves to swim and Gracie still likes to chew on everything. These girls are eleven year old litter mates and still often act like pups. I'm sure we'll find the perfect spot by Monday.

No comments: