Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Artists at work


This morning Grandma came to stay with John Henry and Tate, Rosie and Daisy while I took Lake to the dentist for a check up. On the way home Lake and I stopped at Hobby Lobby and picked up some paints and paint brushes. It was a rainy day and painting was a great way to spend the afternoon.

Tate painted this flower just for me. I really noticed their differences in style while they painted today. In the beginning, Lake felt like his painting wasn't complete until all of the white paper was covered. Tate was lots more abstract. Daisy spent time putting paint to paper. Rosie worked on controlling the brush. Lake was very critical of the others because they were different than his. John Henry explained to him that was the beauty of art - anything goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc..
Basically, they all had a good time and created some beautiful pictures.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

What a terrific set of parents who are! Teaching the kids about the beauty of art.