I spent the weekend at a scrapbooking retreat about an hour and a half away from home. I shared a room with three other moms. I wanted to work on Rosie's scrapbook but I was hesitant about the rooming situation. I liked these women on the surface but I wasn't quite sure about spending alot of time with them. By Saturday afternoon we had shared many laughs with stories to go along with special photos. By Saturday night we were downright hysterical with laughter about nothing in particular.
On my way home Sunday afternoon I was thinking about how good it felt to laugh - and I mean really laugh, again. I enjoy my family and we laugh about something every day. But, I haven't laughed until it hurt in several months. Anyway, while I was driving and thinking, I realized how refreshed I felt. Even with very little sleep over the weekend, I felt good. I hope the other women that I was with this weekend felt the same way. Two of us lost our father-in-law within the last year. One lost her grandmother three weeks ago. Another has an eleven year old daughter and desperately wants another child. We needed each other this weekend. It was good for all of us.
1 comment:
It is wonderful that you found an opportunity to belly laugh. They come by few and far between :)
I could use that too...
Post a Comment