Remember six months ago when I took Daisy to the dentist and she screamed the entire time? Well, it was time for her to go back and there was some improvement. Notice I didn't say lots of improvement.
She was fine to play in the playroom. When it was her turn I had to carry her down the hall. She sat in my lap - I had promised her I would hold her. When the gloves came out of the box is when the screaming started. The hygienist didn't touch Daisy. She handed her a toothbrush to which Daisy replied, "Thank you" (she paused from screaming to receive the brush and atleast showed that she does have manners.)
When the dentist came in to check her teeth the screaming continued. I'm being to harsh when I say scream. It's actually a cry with real tears being shed. At certain points the crying reaches a very high pitch and sounds like a scream.
Thankfully the whole event only took fifteen minutes, especially since I had all four children with me. Also, she doesn't have any cavities. I just hope that one day she will love going to the dentist as much as the other three kids. They actually argued this morning on the way to the dentist because it wasn't their turn!
No comments:
Post a Comment