Friday, February 10, 2006

New love

Yarn. I now love nice yarn. Thanks to Trixie's encouragement and investigation skills I took a knitting class last night. A few weeks ago I purchased a very cheap yarn thinking that there couldn't be much difference in yarn. When I got to the class I realized I had left my yarn at home so I purchased some Encore yarn. What a difference! This stuff doesn't get into knots and it feels good. My best friend from high school took the class with me - we even met for dinner before hand. When we finished the two hour class we had knitted what I call a Barbie scarf. I was the only one that saw the potential for this little thing but I think Rosie will appreciate it.

John Henry said the kids were fine while I was gone. They were all in bed asleep when I got home. Lake did mention that I had been gone for about four hours and didn't I need to come home. John Henry told him that sometimes moms need time with their friends. I guess I'll be giving the same speech this weekend about dads. Both girls fell asleep by 7:00pm.

The knitting class instructor said that knitting is a stress reliever. I'm wondering if that holds true even with eight little hands trying to help?!

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Yeah! I am so glad that you went to the class and that you are moving forward with this idea. Wish you could post a photo of the Barbie scarf!