Saturday, February 18, 2006

Nap and Project Update

I let Daisy sleep. Well, I didn't actually LET her sleep, she just didn't wake up when I put her back in the van to pick the boys up from school. She did wake up when I got her out of the van, though. She ended up with about a two hour nap. She must have needed the extra sleep yesterday. Remember that John Henry is out of town again this weekend, right? Well, Tate and Rosie decided that they wanted to spend the night with Nano. Tate had been planning the night for about a week but Rosie just decided yesterday afternoon that she was staying, also. I took them to Mom's and then Lake, Daisy and myself went to Target and looked around and bought a birthday present. I called Mom to make sure that Rosie was indeed going to stay the night. I live 35 minutes away and didn't want to have to get the other two out of bed in the middle of the night because Rosie had changed her mind. This has happened before but there have also been two parents at home - one could go get her and the other stay at home. Well, it's morning and she evidently made it through the night. Yeah! As for Daisy, by the time we got home she was tired and went to sleep without fussing. I've got to work on her 'shopping endurance!' She likes to shop but only for about 45 minutes. Then she's done!

When Lake got in the van yesterday after school I casually asked him how his day was, how the vocabulary test went and what the comments were about his project. His teacher said it was "done very well." I asked him about the others and he said that he thought his was the best in his class. His tone was not bragging. I asked him why he thought his was the best and he said that the others didn't look 'finished.' By this he meant that pictures had been drawn but not colored - he's very big about NO white spots on his poster except where the written information is. Also, some just didn't look good. And that's about all he would say about it.

On tap for today: Trying to stay warm. Very cold here and sleet and freezing rain with some snow in the forecast. Brrrrr!

No comments: