Monday, February 20, 2006

No Van for Two Days?

Well, it may be ready tomorrow afternoon but I'm afraid it may be more like Wednesday before we get it back. Don't get me wrong - I'm very happy to be getting the work done and having it run like it should. We wouldn't have gone any where today because of the icy roads. Grandma said she would come down tomorrow to help out. Getting the boys to school is no problem. Getting Rosie to school could be a problem if John Henry has to travel. Getting everyone home should be OK since Grandma will be here.

I haven't mentioned potty training with Daisy lately because there hasn't been much going on in that department. Today, since we are home all day, I thought it would be a good time to suggest using the potty. It all sounded good...But we have been through two pairs of pants so now she is wearing a pull-up. The two accidents occurred on the kitchen floor which suits me fine because it's easier to clean. As soon as she started to go, she would call out to me and ask for a towel. She KNOWS what she's doing, it's just a matter of coordinating everything. Of all four children, she gets the least upset at an accident. I think I've finally realized it's not worth freaking out over. Clean up and move on. Someone remind me of this in a few months if I start freaking out?!

I'm holding her while I type and this sweet girl has fallen asleep in my lap. This is after two days of no naps.

One update: I finished the book I started a few days ago - 'Confessions of a Shopaholic.' It is very light reading but I found it hilarious at times. I think I even laughed out loud a couple of times.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Hey! Are any of those paintings coming to us in DC? I sure hope so. The book sounded so good too. Wish I had time to read it but first I have to finish what I own. Also is the van getting a tune up? Our car needs one too! Love to all.