Today was Daisy's second visit to the dentist. The first few visits are just to get the child comfortable with the dentist office and let the dentist get a look inside to make sure there aren't any major problems. If Daisy was my oldest or only child I would have been very frustrated when we left today. However, she is number four, so what did I do? I laughed!
When we pulled into the parking lot of the dentist Daisy was very excited to be there. She was laughing and saying, "My dentist! My dentist!" We went inside the office and she was still very happy. When it was her turn she walked down the hall about halfway to the room and then stopped in her tracks. I picked her up and took her the rest of the way and asked her if she wanted to sit in the big girl chair. "NO!" So I held her in my lap while the assistant brushed her teeth with a child's tooth brush. The room we were in has five chairs and the dentist was with another child at the time. Daisy pointed to him and asked, "Who's that?" I told her it was Dr. Brown. When he came to take a look at her she said, "Put jacket on." That's when I started to laugh because I knew what was about to happen. Dr. Brown asked me what she had said and I told him she wanted to put on her jacket and leave - she was done! Well, he asked her if he could take a look at her teeth and she started screaming, "NO! NO!" and clinging on to me. She didn't let up on the screaming until he was finished. This is the screaming that hurts the ears of anyone around. Several comments were made about her good set of lungs. While we were at the front desk getting ready to leave, Dr. Brown was walking down the hall. Daisy said, "Doc Brown, I'm OK" She was so matter-of-fact about it!
1 comment:
That was not fear - just drama!
Post a Comment