Monday, February 27, 2006

Catching up

Wow! It has been a busy weekend for us. Lake had his last basketball game on Saturday morning - he scored twice!

After the game I spent some one on one time with my oldest child. If I'm the only adult with the kids I don't usually go into a restaurant. So, since it was only the two of us I pulled into a parking space and turned off the van. Lake was SO excited when he realized we were going inside and not through the drive-thru. After lunch we went shoe shopping for him. He was very good about it. When we finally both agreed on a pair of shoes he was very thankful and agreed to the other shopping that we did. We returned home and picked up the rest of the family as well as Genius and Ms. V. We all went to Pancake Day at the local high school for dinner. Rosie ate all three of her large pancakes and 2 pieces of sausages. The boys ate well, also. After eight or nine (?) pancakes, I made Genius give up his plate. He'd also eaten atleast 4 pieces of sausage. Daisy didn't eat much because she was beginning to get a cold. (So for the next few days I will be Bobby instead of Mommy!)

On Sunday morning I stayed home with the girls while John Henry took the boys to church. After lunch I threw the baseball with the boys until Lake had to go to baseball tryouts that got rained out on Saturday. Out of all the seven year old boys he was one of three that could hit the ball into the outfield. Tate doesn't have to tryout since he has one more year of t-ball.

This morning I took Tate to the dentist for a cleaning and ran into Chris. Her middle child had an appointment also. As I was leaving the dentist John Henry called to tell me the that he'd taken the truck to be repaired and to see if I could pick him up. He took us to lunch and then we all came back home. Since then I have picked Lake up from school and since the weather is beautiful (and only going to improve tomorrow) all four children are playing in the (fenced) back yard.

This week I have to prepare for ...... A weekend of scrapbooking!!!! I'm going on a scrapbook retreat and hopefully I will have Daisy's book up to date when I return. The other three children are not up to date either but I have atleast started theirs. Lake has three albums, Tate has two, Rosie has one almost completed. They are all atleast two years behind.

No comments: