Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day Fun

Yes, we had fun yesterday. Over the weekend the boys decorated boxes for their Valentine cards. Lake's was actually a graded project and he had to also complete a 'planning' sheet before he decorated his box. He had a good time, as did Tate. Rosie decorated her mail bag at school. I had to choose which party to attend - Lake and Tate's parties were at the same time and their schools are on opposite ends of town. I had told myself at the beginning of the school year that if it came to this, I would choose the kindergarten party. I went to every one of Lake's parties last year and think it's only fair to do the same with Tate. The girls went with me to the party and instead of participating, they both wanted to play in the home living center. Lake was only a little put out with me. So, to make things up with him, I'm planning to have lunch with him one day this week.

After school, Grandma came bearing gifts. Lake got a cool blue and green pullover shirt/jacket. Tate got a zip-up jacket in the same colors. Rosie and Daisy got cute summer white shirts. The whole crew received the Wallace and Grommit movie. This must be a popular gift - another blogger I've never met (but feel I know!) received the movie as a Valentine gift for her children, too.

Grandma also brought me a new purse/bag that she made. She also brought me lots of yarn and other knitting tools. Also, she brought Rachel Ray's 365: No Repeats cookbook. I'm excited to find new things to prepare. It seems like we've gotten into a rut and I cook the same things over and over and over again. Rosie is very excited about the book. She will sit and watch any of Rachel Ray's shows and gets testy if I try to change the channel!

The seven of us went to dinner and John Henry and I laughed and said, "Remember when?" as we saw couples coming into the restaurant. We remember but wouldn't have it any other way!

2 comments:

Trixie said...

How lovely that you received presents! Normally it's only the kids or those without kids who get gifts. It is nice to see that married women with 4 kids still rate gifts!

Sarabeth said...

let me know how the cookbook is--I've wanted to get one of her books.