Thursday, June 29, 2006

Surgery update

John Henry made it through the surgery just fine. He's in lots of pain so he's taking advantage of the morphine pump. He is supposed to get antibiotics at 10 tonight and 8 tomorrow morning. Then if everything looks well, he can come home. Grandma has taken care of the girls today. The boys are spending the night with friends. Grandma brought the kids to the hospital to see that Dad is OK. I brought them all home to feed them dinner and pack the boys' overnight bag. Shortly Grandma and I will switch posts. I'll be staying at the hospital. The only bad thing about the hospital is that it is not a private room. This is not the hospital we usually use but didn't have much choice this time. The good thing is that the other guy in bed 'B' is very nice.

Hopefully we'll be home tomorrow before lunch!

1 comment:

Trixie said...

I'll call tonight and talk to the kids. They can tell me all about it. Maybe Jennifer could call too?