Sunday, June 25, 2006

Meany girl

This is what Daisy has started calling people that make her mad by not letting her have her way. Yesterday I was that person. We have tried different things to stop this - if you have any suggestions PLEASE post them!

Yesterday's conversation went something like:

I had just reprimanded Rosie for something - a rule she's had and has been pushing me to see how far she can go around the rule. In this particular instance Daisy must be protecting Rosie.

Daisy started out with, "Meany girl."

I didn't respond. I was trying to ignore the comment and therefore not encourage it.

When I didn't respond she said, "Poo poo girl." She also used a mad face to say this.

I had to look away. I was shocked because she's never said this and as far as I know hasn't been around anyone that has said this. I was also trying to squelch the giggles.

When that didn't get a response she said, "Meany boy!"

That appeared to be the worst thing she could think of to call me.

A few minutes later she came to me and said, "Mommy, I'm sorry. I do like you."

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Love you, Meany Mommy!