OK. So, we've lived in this city for six years and last night we went to the library for library cards. I've wanted to take everyone to the library but wanted to make sure that the kids could take care of the books. We have lots of books at the house and I think everyone has grown out of the page tearing stage. It seemed like a safe time to visit the library.
Lake was the most excited - literally jumping up and down before we left the house. Tate was excited, too. I had planned on leaving the girls with John Henry but the girls had already decided what kind of book they wanted to look for and my heart couldn't tell them, "No."
So, John Henry went with us. Everyone could check out two books with a new card. This is a fine limit with me because there will be less books to possibly lose!
What did everyone pick?
Lake chose "The Bat Boy and His Violin" by Gavin Curtis and "Spy Kids: Game Over" by Robert Rodriguez
Tate chose "tub-boo-boo" by Margie Palatini and "Planet Pee Wee" by Judy Delton. We read 'tub-boo-boo" last night after bath time. It's a very cute book about a little boy that gets his big toe stuck in the spigot and the chaos to get it out.
Rosie chose "Nina, Nina Ballerina" by Jane O'Connor and "Emily's First 100 Days of School" by Rosemary Wells. She chose that because she recognized the name! Of course that's the one we had to read last night. It's a number book that's actually well written!
Daisy only chose one book, "Tiggers Hate to Lose" by Isabel Gaines. I haven't read it yet but I overheard Tate reading it to Daisy last night.
This morning when Tate got out of bed, one of the first things he said was, "Mom, can I read my book this morning?" Music to my ears!
I chose two authors I've never read before: Susan Wiggs, "Home Before Dark" and Geoffrey Wolff, "The Age of Consent."
John Henry chose "The Complete Short Stories of Mark Twain."
That's our reading list for the next few days. What are you reading?
1 comment:
Just finished re-reading an old favorite, a fantasy book by Barbara Hambly. I don't recall the name but I think it's something about a Wizard at the Wedding or something like that...
Post a Comment