Sunday, June 11, 2006

Second in the city

On Friday night Lake's team lost the ball game. It was a very close game from beginning to end. Both teams played really well and either team could have won. Lake didn't seem disappointed - he still got a trophy. He was a little sad that baseball is over for now but when I reminded him that it was only for a few weeks he seemed OK.

Yesterday we had a party celebrating the end of the season with Tate's team. Near the end of the party the team got together and dumped a cooler of ice water on John Henry's head. Fortunately he saw it coming and handed me his wallet and cell phone just in time!

Today after church we went for a drive. We stopped at a Dairy Queen for a potty break and snack. The following is a conversation that took place between Daisy and John Henry while in line for ice cream:

"Daddy, Daddy! I went pee-pee in the potty!"

"That's a good girl."

"Daddy, Daddy! I pooped, too."

Silence from JH. He was evidently thinking this would pass.

"Daddy! Daddy! I pooooooped in the potty!"

Still silence.

"Daddy! It was a BIG one!"

I have no idea what John Henry said at this point. I was laughing so hard that I had to sit down.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

How perfect! I can soooo see this playing out. Wait until WaWa gets to experience this types of conversations...