Saturday, June 03, 2006

It's just you and me, mommy.

Yesterday John Henry met me in the parking lot at the theater to get Daisy, Lake and Tate while I took Rosie to her dress rehearsal. When the other three got out of the van she said, "It's just you and me, Mommy."

I never took dance classes so this whole year has been a learning experience for me. It has really helped Rosie. Remember the beginning of the school year when she didn't want to go to preschool, she just wanted to stay with me? Well, she was on the stage yesterday in front of 200 dancers and moms and she was smiling and dancing and she looked beautiful. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry so I did a little of both.

Afterwards we stayed for few minutes to watch some of the older girls dance. Rosie was really impressed with the pointe dancing.

We'll see if she dances tomorrow at the recital. I'm not ruling out the possibility of her freezing on the stage. I told her tonight while I was bathing her that Grandma and Nano were coming to see her dance on the stage tomorrow. She said, "Yeah! Is Milton coming, too?"

"Yes, Milton will be there, too."

"And Papaw?"

Long pause on my part.

"Angel, Papaw is right here in your heart. Yes, he'll be there, too."

1 comment:

Sarabeth said...

sniff