Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Cool Mom

My boys actually called me a cool mom last night.

John Henry had fishing plans yesterday afternoon. Before he left I was able to go to the grocery store. Alone.

Have you recovered?

OK.

While I was at the store I thought that we needed something fun to do tonight. So I picked out Maze Craze books for the boys and coloring books for the girls. My boys love to do mazes. I like them because they require reasoning and also control of the pen or pencil. (Sarabeth, you have motivated me to keep my children learning and not give into the laziness that summer was bestowing! Thanks!)

I didn't let them know about the surprise until after dinner. The boys worked in the books until after 9:00pm when I made them go to bed. Many times throughout the evening I heard, "Thanks, Mom!"

I also picked up a children's Sudoku book. I've wanted to see what the craze was about and thought the boys might enjoy it, also.

Another library trip will be made soon. The kids have all finished their books and I finished my first one. I should finish the other by the end of the week.

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Now I know what else to buy the kids!

Sarabeth said...

I'm touched. I'm honored. I am glad I inspired you.