Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Tate

"The magnet school program of ** City Schools is one of the most outstanding programs we offer. It is our pleasure to inform you that (Tate) has been selected to participate in the program at BD Elementary School for the 2006-2007 school year..."

Yippee!! I received this letter in the mail today. Lake was selected last year and after much deliberation and praying we decided to pull him out of the neighborhood school and send him to the magnet school. It is strictly invitation only. Tate has been asking me where he'll go to school next year. He wants to know if he'll be at the same school or go with Lake. I've just told him we would wait until the end of the year and then decide. I can't wait to get him from school this afternoon and tell him that he will go with Lake next year.

He will go to BD elementary school for first and second grade and then GB for third, fourth and fifth. As of right now they will go to the neighborhood school for middle school with some magnet classes. I'm hoping that there will be a dedicated magnet school for middle and high school by the time my kids are ready.

I've never told Lake that he's at the magnet school because he is smart. I just told him that he got an invitation to go. He never asked why. Any input in case Tate asks me? He's very perceptive and if either child is going to ask 'why' it will be him. I don't want them bragging to their friends. There are 19 days of school left and probably only about 4-5 kids from his class of 17 were invited.

For those of you following the baseball and t-ball games, Tate's team won on Monday night 19-7.

Also, Lake's team website has pictures loaded. He's in one of them - standing on third base. If you want the link, let me know. It's the one I e-mailed to family a few weeks ago.

No comments: