Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Birthday cake and funky socks

Today is John Henry's 36th birthday! He received a coupon book for one-on-one time with each family member. He redeemed the 'date' coupon on Sunday. We went to a movie and an early dinner. My mom kept the kids. We had a fun time and are looking forward to the next date...

He redeemed his coupon for Lake today. He checked him out of school an hour early and they have gone fishing. For the kids' coupons I titled them "Gotcha" meaning I've gotcha for the day - what are we going to do? He can redeem them without the siblings complaining. After all, you can't complain about a gift you've given, right? So far it's working. No one complained on Sunday and Tate and the girls are playing nicely this afternoon.

About the funky socks: I don't usually do these kind of things but I couldn't resist the funky sock swap (thanks to Trixie!) I received my first pair of socks today. They are a dusty blue and cream stripe. Very pretty.

No comments: