Birthday cakes, that is! Last night's birthday did come with flowers on top! Today I was invited to lunch by Ms. V. Afterwards she wanted me and Daisy to come to her house (you can walk to her house from the restaurant.) She had an entire table decorated with a birthday cake, party napkins and a gift bag as well as a wrapped gift. Inside one was a cute notepad cube. Inside the other was a gift certificate to my favorite restaurant and a devotional book. This relationship has sort of filled an opening. She has not taken the place of my Grandmother and Granny but she has similar qualities of these two beautiful women that I have SO missed since they have passed away. The next time Trixie visits I want her to meet Ms. V.
What's the plan for tonight? I'm making tacos for dinner and then it's off to the ballpark for Lake's baseball game! Tomorrow I get to go to the zoo with Lake. His class is going on a field trip. Guess what? I get to go again on Friday with Tate's class!
1 comment:
There can never be to much zoo - ever! Zoos are wonderful places. I love the zoo.
I would like to meet this lady who has so captivated your attention! I have a thing about the elderly and never seem to be without at least one for a friend. I am soo glad that she is filling a void in your life. HUGS.
Belated Happy Birthday. Your card is in the mail!
Post a Comment