Sunday, April 23, 2006

The best mother-in-law

I simply have the best mother-in-law. Yesterday John Henry's mom came down for a visit. John Henry had gone fishing so Grandma suggested that we take the kids to the park for a picnic and some playing. The weather was perfect for a picnic. The kids played for about an hour. Then Grandma took them to a cute little toy store downtown. Each child picked out a dress-up outfit. The boys picked out armor outfits and the girls picked out dance clothes. Rosie also asked for a pack of chocolate coins. Then we went for ice cream and then came home. In between all the stops and while the kids were playing, Grandma and I talked about lots of things - books, family, friends and upcoming events. We even laughed about some things. It's good to hear her laugh. I know she misses Papaw. It's been six months since he died and at the time I didn't know how she would handle it. She's doing fine.

1 comment:

Sarabeth said...

That makes me long for a mother-in-law to whom I can relate. I don't have one of those, but at least my mom is fun.