Tate hit a grand slam at his t-ball game on Monday night. This was the last play of the game and it tied the score. We should have played another inning but we had a young umpire and he just walked off the field without checking out the score. Later when Tate called my mom to give her a report of the game, he said, "Nano, I hit a grand slam. You know, that's when there's a runner on every base and I hit a home run." He made it sound like it was 'grand' because HE had hit it. Five year olds and t-ball. Too cute!
Yesterday Tate's class finally made it to the zoo. The weather was miserable. It was also half price day at the zoo. You can just imagine how many people were there. Instead of splitting the kids with the parents and letting us explore on our own the teacher wanted us to all stay together. So, we had to maneuver through crowds with 16 kindergarteners and 12 adults. The temperature was in the lower 90's. We couldn't find a working water fountain for over an hour. I felt like the trip was very rushed. I can't tell if Tate had a good time or not. We'll just have to go back as a family.
The girls stayed with John Henry while we were at the zoo. What did they do? Well, they took lunch to the park. Then they went to the mall and John Henry bought both girls a pair of shoes. Then they picked up Lake from school and came home and washed the truck. I would have loved to spend a day like that with my dad. They are so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment