We have a had full day. The day started early. Lake woke up around 6:00am. I was in the shower. He said, "Mommy, I don't think the Easter Bunny came to our house. I went into the living room didn't see our baskets." I told him to check in the kitchen because I had lined up the baskets before I went to bed last night. When he didn't come back I guessed that he'd found his basket. He then proceeded to wake up his brother. Of course it wasn't long before the girls were up, too. We were able to make it to church on time. I had invited T and her family to come to church with our family (I extended the original invitation over a year ago) and they finally came today. They are looking for a church to join. I'm hoping that today will spark the interest and that they will start looking more seriously at the churches in our area.
After church we went to lunch at my aunt's house. Yes, Genius joined us and brought a (famous) cheesecake. He makes/bakes the most delicious cheesecakes. I had requested a heath bar cheesecake probably six months ago. I had all but given up on it. Never fear, though. It appeared today.
We were back at church by 5:00pm to prepare for the choir musical. It has lots of lovely music that does wonders for my heart. I'm a little sad that it's over now but I'm sure there will be more wonderful music to follow.
Now I'm dog tired. I'm not quite sure what 'dog tired' is actually but it just sounded good. I'm also ready for a regular day. No crazy running around. No sick children.
*sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment