The adults at our house didn't get to sleep until after 2:00 this morning...Rosie got up at 5:30. We were sleeping in the living room since Grandma was in our bed. Rosie had to use the bathroom and then came into the living room: she came to a complete stop when she realized there were some things under the tree that weren't there last night. She turned to me and asked, "Is anyone here?" She wanted to make sure that man was gone before she looked to see what he left! I helped her into the Cinderella wedding dress, veil and shoes all before 6:00am.
Lake was the next one up. He came running into the living room and sat down by the tree. Then he jumped up, ran back into the bedroom and told his brother to get up quick! They were very excited about the accordions, hot wheel stuff, clothes and stocking things. I think Tate was most excited about his camera - he's been making his sisters pose in their dresses.
It was another hour before Daisy woke up. When she saw her Princess dress she squealed! I wish you could of heard her - it was so sweet! Then she saw the kitchen set...Just as I suspected, she loves it. She has played with it for hours! Probably the sweetest thing (besides the tea party with Dad and the boys playing 'family' with her) is that she is so polite even in her pretend world. She tells her pretend friends to be careful, it's hot - don't get burned, please and thank you. She is only two years old!!
Nano and Muck came out this morning and we all had pancakes and bacon and just enjoyed being together. I think we took some of that forgranted last year and now we are missing one very important member of the family. It has definitely made me think harder about how much I love my family!
1 comment:
I love my camera too! Tate and I have so much in common. When we were talking to the SW on Thursday, I actually called him "Tate" and then caught myself and said his real name. oops... I love that Lake didn't want anyone to miss out on the fun. He is such a good boy!
Post a Comment