Monday, December 12, 2005

A Day of Christmas Programs

The Christmas programs started at 1:30 today at Lake's school. He didn't want a speaking part but he did very well with the songs and choreography. The funniest thing about his program was this morning before I took him to school when he informed me that he could not wave to me when he was on the risers. He would, however, smile at me. Well, shortly after he spotted me, his dad, Rosie and Daisy he quickly waved. There was a tug on my heart because although he THINKS he's grown he is still a little boy.

Tate's Christmas program began at 6:00pm. The program was about a hound dog that wasn't allowed to join the choir of elves, dogs and cats. All of the kindergarteners dressed as cats. Tate was one of about 8 'Christmas Cats' and he had a short speaking part which he delivered perfectly. I could tell he was looking for his family from the stage but the crowd was so large that he couldn't spot us.

The girls seemed to enjoy the programs - especially the music. Daisy was so excited each time she spotted a brother on the stage!

After we got home and everyone had a bath I sat down with Tate to read a book he received this weekend. I'm amazed every time we read of how well he can read.

Tomorrow Rosie has her preschool Christmas program. I think she will probably stand on the stage but that's about it. I won't be disappointed if she doesn't sing. After all this is her very first year of preschool.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

He isn't a grown up boy yet! I am so glad that you still got a wave. He was far from a grown up boy this past weekend. No cool aloof greeting for his ancient relatives but lots of hugs and contact sports. Soon enough we willbe those boring old people whom he is force to make small talk with...

I am glad that Tate is reading so well. I wasn't sure what level of book to purchase and took a gamble. I think he rather enjoys the spotlight and was probably very good with his speaking part.

Give kisses to everyone. Hugs!