Well, it actually started last night when Trixie called and said she and Wa Wa wanted to come for lunch today. It's about a four hour drive for them. It was a very welcome surprise. When we arrived at lunch Tate and Lake were ready to give big hugs. Rosie didn't even hesitate to give a hug. Different story for Daisy. Since she hadn't seen them in a few months they qualified for strangers. It didn't take long though for her to climb into Trixie's lap.
They came bearing gifts which caused even more excitement. Lake received several books which I'm sure will go into his 'very special book place.' Tate also received books and Color Wonder books and markers which he'll share with the others I'm sure. Rosie received Princess stuff: rings, necklaces and a tiara. I'll try to post that picture soon to give you the full effect. She also received a Little Mermaid cup which was a big hit. Daisy received a baby with a pacifier which she soon named for Trixie.
Now they have started their four hour trip back to their home and all is fairly quiet here. Yes, all four children are here plus a neighborhood child and no one is asleep. It's just how I like it at my house and this is one of those rare moments when all is well.
1 comment:
We had a wonderful lunch compliments of the Turtle Clan. Hugs and kisses too. The mistletoe hung over the backdoor meant that I had to kisses several good looking young men including WaWa.
Post a Comment