About a month ago, John Henry and I attended a marriage seminar at our church. The speakers were a husband and wife team and the message they wanted everyone to hear was built around the fact that people are different. If we were all the same, things would be pretty boring.
At one point during the seminar, the wife had a list of suggestions to improve or initiate communication. The only problem I see with our communication is the lack of time we have to talk without interruption. However, one of the suggestions was to have dinner by candlelight. At first I hesitated. Then about a week ago I decided to try it. It really has a calming effect on the children. The first night we did this Rosie said, "Hey! It looks like we're camping out and eating by the fire!"
Since then we've had candles at dinner three more times.
Last night as I was cooking Daisy asked, "Can we smoke the candles at dinner?"
Uhmmm...Sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment