Friday, September 01, 2006

Snacks

Let me begin by stating that all of my children bring me joy - each in their own way.

Before we ever had children, I often heard people (mostly other mothers and grandparents) say things to their babies such as, "I love you so much, I could eat you with a spoon." I didn't give that much thought until I had children. Now, I regard that statement as, "I love you so much, I can't get enough of you."

Well, for the last few days Daisy and I have been playing a silly parent/child game where I'll be holding her or she'll be sitting on my lap and I'll bury my face in her hair around her neck and tickle her. It then progressed to include her arms and tummy. At some point while we were playing this, I started calling her an "Abby snack." Now she comes to me with her arm held out to me saying, "Here, Mommy. Here is your Abby snack" meaning that she wants me to snack on her and tickle her. She has also started naming the snacks french fries, grapes or chocolate. If she wants me to keep tickling her she'll say, "You missed one, Mommy."

This silly game brings me pure joy.

1 comment:

Sarabeth said...

The only way I am dealing with my father's death as well as I am is because I have three little bundles of joy around me each day. Isn't it amazing how much joy can come from parenting?