Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ready for school


The girls started school yesterday. Since we had just taken photos of the boys' first day of school, they were all ready to pose for their first day of school pictures!

After the first picture, they wanted to turn sideways. They both posed for this one without any direction from me.

They also wanted to see what they look like from the back. Yes, Daisy's backpack is below her knees. It has to be large enough for a folder and her lunch box to fit inside.

Neither girl cried at school. I expected Rosie to be fine. I wasn't sure about Daisy. She went in, put her backpack on her peg and was about to play when I directed her to her seat and showed her that she had her own crayons and a sheet to color. She got right to work. She looked up at me and said, "I'm not crying. You're not leaving." I stayed a moment longer before I bent down and told her that I love her and would see her in a short while. Still no tears. Wow, a big sigh of relief.

I didn't know what to do with myself yesterday. I couldn't concentrate yesterday because there wasn't the constant chatter. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

No comments: