Monday, May 22, 2006

"Cover my eyes"

Yesterday I took Lake, Tate, Rosie and Daisy to a birthday party. The party was for a friend of Tate's that he met while playing t-ball this year. Most of the friends I have also have large families and we all take into account siblings when planning parties so that all can be included.

This particular party had a pirate theme. A grandparent dressed up like a good pirate, had a story about a shipwreck and stolen treasure, and needed a 'crew' to help find this lost treasure. The party was near the Tennessee River, in fact we could see the water from the pavilion. I have been to another pirate party and this one was much more entertaining.

The boys had a great time. Rosie, suprisingly, enjoyed herself. She even participated in the treasure search and the games.

Daisy was not impressed.

Every time the pirate came near or she THOUGHT he was coming near her, she would grab my hand and say, "Cover my eyes!" I don't know if she wanted me to cover her eyes because she is still not using her left arm at full capacity or if she didn't trust herself to keep her eyes covered until it was safe again...

No comments: