Every time I start to write either Daisy needs me in the potty, the phone rings or someone shows up at my door! So, I'll try again now....
I wanted to post several updates:
First and most significant to me is that Daisy is now on day six of wearing 'big girl panties.' So, it's a done deal now. There's no turning back. I officially do not have any more babies in my house. I have had diapers in the house for seven years. SEVEN years in case you missed it! That's one of the few things I WON'T miss!!
Also, Daisy has a song for every event - including using the potty, changing her clothes, getting a bath and going somewhere. All the songs have the same sing-song tune she just changes the words to fit the event.
Second, we didn't get to attend the cookout that we'd help plan for Genius' nieces. (Two graduated from college.) Instead we went to Tate's t-ball game. We had originally thought we would go after the game but when we realized the game didn't start until 6:45 it would just be too late. I really wanted to meet the nieces' parents. I've e-mailed their mom on a regular basis for several years - I'm not even quite sure how we got started e-mailing each other. She has six children and has given advice and encouragement to me when I've needed it. Well, after the game, John Henry called Genius and asked if we could come by his house for a few minutes although it was already 8:00pm. I am so glad he did! We ended up visiting until around 10:00pm. Before we left, Ma B (Genius' Mom) said she would come over to play Phase 10 with me. While most of the family has returned to Canada, Ma B and three of the girls stayed behind. I look forward to visiting with them soon!
Oh! In case we weren't busy enough (t-ball, baseball, dance recital coming up soon, the last few days of school, etc.) yesterday I decided to take the carpet up in the living room. The house is 50 years old. We have hardwoods under the carpet! It will take some work but I already love having that old yucky carpet out of here! John Henry is being such a good sport about it, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment