Thursday, May 25, 2006

Last day of school

Today is the last day of school for the boys and it is a bittersweet time for me. Yesterday I found myself with tears in my eyes over a comment on Tate's report card. His teacher wrote, "I'll miss you, little friend." She is known as the teacher that is a little rough around the edges but I am thankful that she's been in our lives. When John Henry's dad died in October she called and checked on us several times. She's also been very sweet with my girls and included them during class parties when I've had to bring them with me.

Even when I was the one in school I was always sad on the last day of the school year. I don't understand why. I know it will pass.

I'm looking forward to lazy days with the kids. We are planning on lots of swimming - it's an activity that we all agree on! I also hope to go the beach at some point - even if it's just for a short weekend trip.

No comments: