Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Weekend update

Wow! What a busy weekend for our family!

Saturday we went to my nephew's birthday party. Since the weather was beautiful, the party was outside at the park. Afterwards we had dinner and then went to a toy store and the book store. While at the bookstore, John Henry took the kids to the children section and told me to go look around by myself. Have I mentioned that I have the greatest husband?

On Sunday we went to church and then had lunch with Genius. We even let him sit at the 'kids table'. All of the kids love him and before we went into the cafe for lunch Rosie shouted, "I get to sit by (Mr. Genius)!" Yes, he is loved by all.

John Henry took the boys for an afternoon bike ride while the girls went grocery shopping. Grandma came to spend the night and also went to evening church service with us.

Monday morning John Henry took his mom to have her (minor) hand surgery. After she was released from the surgery center we met for lunch and then drove her home. It was nearly 9:00pm when we got home last night. One of the last things I said to John Henry last night was, "Wonder what I'll do tomorrow while ALL of the kids are at school...."

And then this morning I ate those words as I made an appointment to take Lake to the doctor. He has an infection that he can't seem to shake. Now, he's on twenty days worth of antibiotics.

Live and learn. Yep, that's me.

No comments: