Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Bike Ride


I took the kids to a trail today so that they could ride their bikes out in the open. Our street is too busy for my liking so when we are at home, they can only ride in the driveway. The boys were very excited and ready to go after they ate breakfast this morning.
Oh - yes, I know that they aren't wearing helmets. That is my fault - I forgot to pack them although I had made a mental note last night. See, that's the thing about having children (atleast for me)...If I don't write it down, it's as good as gone.

One exciting thing about today is that Daisy finally figured out how to pedal her bike. I also noticed that she is 'left footed.' She's right handed. I am 'right footed' and right handed. As for the boys, Lake is right footed and left handed while Tate is left footed and left handed. Probably more than you wanted to know!

That's a golf course to the left. The river is on the right.

About a quarter of the way into their ride and my walk we found this bench by the river. After all the hard peddling, Daisy decided she was too hot for her jacket. She put it back on once we started back to the van.

Tate wanted a picture of the river for John Henry. He thought the water looked very smooth and his Daddy would like to see it.
Overall, it was a good trip. It's approximately 4 miles round trip and Daisy got tired towards the end. Rosie got tired, too but was a real trouper and made it all the way back to the van without my help.

No comments: