I am not a big fan of video games - I feel nervous or jittery when I play them so I usually don't play them. John Henry is a big fan of video games and my boys are following in his footsteps. We limit the time they play and closely monitor the games, etc..
Well, John Henry's birthday was a few weeks ago and after much debating with myself, I asked John Henry's mom (Grandma) if she wanted to go in with me and purchase a Wii for his birthday. He had been looking at the Wii when he and the boys were out running errands and Lake suggested to me that we get that for his birthday.
Evidently these game consoles are in short supply - after several days of searching we finally located a store that had several in stock at an average price. Grandma took it home with her to wrap it and to generally keep it out of the house until his birthday.
It is an understatement to say that he was excited - he really couldn't believe that we had picked this for him. (We usually do sensible stuff for birthdays.)
So, it's been a few weeks and the whole family is loving this game system. It came with a sports package that includes golf, tennis, baseball and bowling. Yes, bowling! You have to stand up and 'bowl' - none of this sitting on the sofa pushing buttons - you have to move when you play! You create your own person which are actually cute to work with (mine has sparkles in her eyes ;)
Up until yesterday I had been content with the bowling - it was a game I could play with all of the kids and it's fun. Last night John Henry wanted us to play baseball. It was OK. I won.
Then he wanted to play tennis. It was a hoot. Or, rather I must have been a hoot. I was jumping all over the living room swinging at the ball. And mostly missing the ball. At one point I tripped over Annie and landed on the sofa. I laughed so hard that, well, I laughed too hard.
All in all, we love this. And I calculated the cost of bowling for a family of six and we have gotten our money's worth from that game alone already!
No comments:
Post a Comment