Monday, May 05, 2008

Pure sweetness

This morning while Daisy and I were enjoying a tea party along with roughly fifteen of her favorite stuffed animals, I received a phone call from Lake. He was suffering from a migraine and wanted to know if I would bring him his medicine. Daisy didn't complain ~ she only asked if we were coming straight back home. When I told her we were, she hopped into her car seat, buckled herself (hurray for another milestone!) and off we went. By the time I got to Lake his class was on the way to the cafeteria for lunch. I told him I would stay and see if he felt better after eating. Well, I quickly changed my mind when I saw "the look." You moms know what I'm talking about: the 'uh-oh, I think I'm about to be sick' look.

So, we changed our course and gathered his stuff and headed home. On the way out of the school Daisy (who had been quiet the entire time we were inside the school) said, "You can sleep with one of my animals. That way maybe you will feel better."

Right now he is resting on the sofa along with Daisy's prized 'chewala' (chihuahua.)

No comments: