Today I took Rosie for her appointment with the allergy doctor. She was retested for her peanut allergy and it came back positive.
We expected this.
Then the doctor told me that I should not hope for her to outgrow this allergy. I didn't expect to hear that, but I'm not going to let it get me down. We've been living with this for two years now and doing pretty well, I might add.
The good part of today was that I was able to spend several hours with Rosie. We read books at the doctor's office (we were there for two hours), we ate lunch together and then I took her to our favorite toy store. I observed her mimicking my mannerisms several times - something I hadn't noticed before. All in all, it was a very sweet time with her.
1 comment:
She's a little young to be "her mother" but then I guess we all turn into them some time! While it's disappointing to have to deal with the allergy issue, there's so much more that could be wrong and isn't. So save your worries for something else - your family has this peanut thing under control!
Post a Comment