Wednesday, January 23, 2008

On driving a truck

John Henry is out of town - hopefully he will be back tonight or tomorrow. Last week we put the van in the shop, spent $700, got the van back. It is still not running correctly. So, now it is in the shop for a third time in less than a week.

So, while John Henry is travelling, I get to drive his truck. It's a great truck. It's a 1995 GMC, extended cab that holds all six of us. I don't usually drive the truck. In fact, I don't think I have ever driven the truck outside of moving it out of the way of the van.

Some humor from the kids about mom driving the truck:

Daisy: What's this for, mommy?
...as she grabs the sterring wheel while I am on the interstate.
(the front seat is a bench seat and she was buckled next to me)

Tate: After I picked everyone up from school he said:
Mom, you're doing a really good job of driving Daddy's truck.

Lake: Besides, mom, if you hit someone while your driving the truck it will be OK. I don't think it will do much damage since
it's such a strong truck. Well, you might hurt the other car but alteast we'll be OK.

What about Rosie? Did she have an opinion?

Nah. She needed the potty and just wanted us to hurry up and be home!

1 comment:

Trixie said...

You slay me!