Well, it actually started on Saturday. We spent the day with John Henry's mom as it was her birthday. We took her shopping in Lebanon and Nashville, Tennessee.
I love Nashville.
But this post isn't about that.
Late Saturday afternoon Rosie started to complain about her stomach. This isn't unusual. When we stopped at a restroom and she began to cry and wanted to melt into the restroom floor - that was unusual.
When we arrived home her temperature was 102. Over the next 24 hours her fever spiked to 104 and never was below 101, even with Tylenol. This morning the pediatrician confirmed with a positive test result: She has the flu. Type A.
The doctor was slightly surprised that there had been no vomitting or diarhea.
Yet.
On the way home, the vomitting started. I was unprepared.
You moms know what I'm talking about.
So, when I was cleaning the van (after I bathed Rosie) I shouldn't have been surprised when Lake called me to tell me he wasn't feeling well. Sore throat. Stomach pain. Headache.
It's probably going to be a long week.
1 comment:
Some one else's child had this and I had no idea that TYPE A was code for VOMIT. Now I know.
Poor you.
Poor kiddos.
Give them my love!
Post a Comment