Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Watch out for flying kisses

If you are headed northeast towards South Carolina, watch out for kisses flying through the air.

John Henry is traveling and is in South Carolina now. Yesterday morning I left to take the kids to school before he left for his trip. We said all of our 'goodbyes' before leaving. He was gone when Daisy and I got back home. When we walked into the house I noticed four post cards on the kitchen table. He had left all four children an individual card, each with a special message.

Last night Daisy was still carrying hers around with her. She asked me, "Where did Daddy sign his name?" I reread the card to her, pointing to the words as I read. She the kissed the card on top of "love, Daddy" and then continued to blow kisses and throw hugs around the room. I didn't say anything (she's a silly four year old, remember?) A few minutes later she said, "Those kisses that I was blowing in my room are flying to Daddy." I asked her what they would do when they caught up with him. Her reply was, "They are going to tickle him on his face."

No comments: