Friday, August 03, 2007

What a way to start the school year

Last week I took Rosie to the dermatologist to have a mole checked out. The mole was on the top of her scalp. It was removed. I had a call from the nurse on Wednesday. The pathology report came back stating the cells were abnormal. Rosie has other suspicious moles on her scalp and also one on the side of her face.

She has an appointment with a surgeon on August 14th. After the consultation I'll know more about when the surgery will be and how extensive it will be.

2 comments:

Sarabeth said...

I'm thinking of you and your family. May those abnormal cells be nothing serious.

Trixie said...

Her cousin Stephenie had the same issue but turned out fine. Rosie is so fair that you may need to increase her sun protection including hats, shirts, and staying out of the sun during the heat of the day. Tell her not to worry. It will be ok! We love her very much. Maybe I should go get checked out as well?