Thursday, August 09, 2007

Such a big girl



I think Rosie will be fine this year. She seems to have a good group of kids in her class and I really like her teacher. The principal, teacher, school nurse and the receptionist have been very receptive about her peanut allergy. The teacher has told the parents about her allergy and is also sending home a letter to explain the situation and ask the parents to not send snacks with peanuts. The nurse is coming to the classroom next week and going to explain to the class that "We are all friends in this room and that means we protect each other from harmful things. Peanuts are harmful to Rosie, etc.." Also, the receptionist has a child with a peanut allergy. I am so thankful that they are understanding and willing to do what it takes to keep her safe.

No comments: