Monday, June 09, 2008

A typical weekend day during the summer

Or, why I love summer.

There are several things I love about summer. For instance, I love the smell of sunscreen. I love the sound of the ocean. I love being able to pack a few things for a day trip, load the family in the car, and head out for an adventure. This is what we usually do on Saturday or Sunday (or both!) during the summer. The kids are learning to not ask, "Where are we going?" Now, they usually ask, "Can we go on an adventure today?" On Saturday we ended up in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We usually have the discs (frisbees) with us and we played a course at Cloudland Canyon State Park. On Sunday we went to Chapel Hill in Tennessee and played the course at Henry Horton State Park. Trixie and HP - this is the park I think would be really cool for camping.


Daisy is ready for an adventure.

Rosie is reading. We usually pack books to read and color plus the boys often take games to play.

After we played disc golf we stopped at the playground. One of Tate's favorite things to do is swing.

I think Lake was trying to cool off from playing the disc golf course!

And then there was this lovely sunset.

So, now that you know what I love about summer, tell me - What do you love about summer?

1 comment:

Sarabeth said...

Sleeping in, beaches, pools, and waiting until October to camp.

Some day, Turtle Toes, we will go camping.